The Social Services Network delivers culturally and linguistically appropriate services to the diverse South Asian communities in the GTA. South Asian Adult Day Program is a partnership between Social Services Network and New Unionville Home Society. The program delivers an integrated (cognitive/frail elderly) ethno-specific adult day program during the weekends from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Our program is seeking an energetic Activity Programmer who is passionate about planning and implementing new and innovative programs.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Activity Programmer is responsible for planning and implementing therapeutic programs for frail seniors and seniors with cognitive impairment in the South Asian Adult Day Program.
- Shall plan and implement comprehensive activation programs as per clients’ needs and care plan
- Adhere to the Program mission statement and the code of ethics
- Maintain and adhere to South Asian Adult Day Policies and Procedures
- A degree or diploma from a recognized community college or university in Therapeutic Recreation, Activation, Gerontology
- Valid CPR certification
- Experience in long term care or geriatrics, palliative, and dementia support
- Proven experience in program development and group facilitation
- Sound knowledge of motivational strategies to optimize client participation and performance
- Demonstrated experience developing adaptations to recreation activities appropriate to various disabilities and to client needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Actively participates as a team player to achieve common goals
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to clients’ needs and abilities
- Member of Therapeutic Recreation Ontario or Activity Professionals of Ontario preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write either Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu or Tamil
This is Part- time, Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 am to 3:00pm
Start date: 26th February 2017
How to apply:
All interested applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter by February 24th, 2017 to:
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.