The Onatario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI in partnership with Sherbourne Health Centre, WWWWindsor Women Working with Immigrant Women and the London Cross Cultural Learner Centre cordially invites service providers in the settlement, LGBTQIA* and/or disability sectors and people with lived experience as LGBTQIA* immigrants and refugees with in/visible disabilities to a roundtable discussion.
The objective of the round table is to provide the sectors with an opportunity to discuss the strengths and gaps that exist in serving LGBTQIA* immigrants and refugees (including newcomers) with in/visible disabilities and to develop strategies and opportunities for collaboration in order to effectively support LGBTQIA* immigrants and refugees with in/visible disabilities.
The maximum number of participants is 30. Participation will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis.
We anticipate this to be the first of many more round-table discussions. If you are unable to attend please know we will be having future round-tables.
We ask that no more than ONE participant register from each agency.
Some registration spots are reserved for people with lived experience as LGBTQIA* immigrants/refugees with in/visible disabilities.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
To register please click here
- OCASI strives to be a scent-free space. The venue is fully wheelchair accessible with space for a variety of mobility devices. American Sign Language will be provided at the event.
- Please contact us by February 11th 2017 if you need interpretation in other languages, need attendant care and/or if you have any other needs.
- This round table discussion will be audio-recorded and transcribed by OCASI.
- OCASI supports LGBTQ positive spaces.
- OCASI strives to be a scent-free space. Fragrances and other scented products affect the health of many people. We ask that you refrain from wearing scented products at OCASI's office or events. We appreciate your co-operation.
For more information and for registration please contact Ila Sethi at OCASI at 416-322-4950 ext. 251 or email@example.com