Instructor – Job Search Workshops
|Deadline:||04:00 PM, August 15, 2012|
|Organization:||Toronto and Region Conservation Authority|
TRCA in Toronto, Ontario has a requirement for an independent contractor to facilitate job search workshops to participants of the PAIE program.
Led by the TRCA and funded by the Government of Ontario and Government of Canada, the PAIE program is an Ontario bridge training program for internationally trained engineers and geoscientists. In collaboration with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO), PAIE links employers in TRCA’s network with highly skilled candidates to fulfill hiring needs in the environmental sector, while helping newcomers to obtain valuable Canadian experience and obtain a professional license as a P.Eng. or P.Geo.
The curriculum covers 4 key areas:
- The Labour Market and Job Search Process
- This module includes topics such as overview and understanding of the labor market and environmental sector, the importance of soft skills, job search and recruitment practices/methods in Canada and various case studies.
- Resumes, Cover Letters and Online Profiles
- This module covers practices and techniques in completing an effective cover letter and resume as well as key job search tools.
- The Interview
- This module covers the strategies, techniques and processes for conducting an effective interview.
- This module covers the importance of networking and key strategies for conducting effective networking activities.
Responsibilities of the Instructor
- The Instructor will deliver a total of 30 hours of PAIE’s in-house curriculum to approx. 25 – 30 clients of the program as follows:
- Location: TRCA, 70 Canuck Ave., Toronto ON, M3K 2C5
- Dates (dates and times subject to change):
- Beginning mid September 2012 and ending mid-late October 2012
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (5:00 pm to 8:00 pm or 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Occasional Saturdays (10:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Delivery of job search workshops based on PAIE’s curriculum to address the pre-employment needs of internationally trained environmental engineers and geoscientists
- Deliver lesson plans based on the curriculum and learners’ language needs
- Research and apply labor market and job search information
- Implement evaluative tools for assessment of learners
- Provide feedback to program coordinators
Techniques and strategies that accommodate a diverse, adult learning style such as:
- PowerPoint presentations, flip chart, handouts
- Task-based activities to practice skills
- Interactive small group exercises and whole group discussions
- Scenario based, hands-on applications, games and quizzes
Qualifications / Knowledge:
- Degree or diploma in Employment or Career Counseling, teaching background or equivalent experience/skills, including any professional certifications
- Minimum 2 years experience as a group facilitator, teaching job-search techniques to skilled newcomers
- Knowledge of current labor market and industry trends
- Knowledge of job search techniques and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of Engineering or environmental background an asset
- Excellent group facilitation skills and ability to engage and motivate others
- Ability to adapt and change methods of approach and style with a positive attitude
- Effective planning, organization and time management to achieve maximum productivity and objectives
- Fosters open communication and discussion using various styles and strategies
- Initiative to plan ahead, anticipate challenges and opportunities and take appropriate action
- Excellent interpersonal, cross cultural, written and verbal communication skills
Entering into a Contract with TRCA
The application process does not necessarily result in a commitment to sign a contract with the Applicant. The TRCA shall not be liable for any expenses incurred by any Applicant.
This invitation has been sent to a select group of potential applicants as identified by TRCA.
The successful applicant will be required to sign an Agreement with the TRCA for approximately 2 months covering the training period, provide monthly invoices to TRCA on account of their services and provide an HST number for their business. Applicants responding to this RFP may not have any personal or business interest that would present an actual, potential or apparent conflict of interest with the performance of the contract to be awarded. The successful individual professional awarded this contract will be required to have liability insurance and WSIB.
TRCA has the right to withdraw this RFP without penalty. The PAIE Program receives funding from the Government of Ontario and contracted services are subject to budget constraints.
Budget: Maximum of $3,000
TRCA will review and evaluate all applications based on experience, qualifications, quality of response and cost.
An individual meeting and / or additional materials may be requested to ascertain the qualification of applicants.
All applicants are required to provide a:
- Letter outlining relevant qualifications and professional experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- A quote based on an hourly rate and a payment schedule
For More Information
|Name:||Current to Thursday, August 2, 2012 – Marisa Iorfida-Sdao / August 6 to deadline – Catherine MacEwen, Director Human Resources|
|Email:||email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
To submit the RFP