Summer Childminder for School Aged Children
|Organization:||Catholic Cross-Cultural Services|
|Job type:||Full-time contract|
|Location:||Toronto, Greater Toronto Ontario|
Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Catholic Cross-Cultural Services (CCS) requires a Summer Childminder who will provide assistance to the LINC Summer Enrichment Program for children between the ages of 7 and 12 years old.
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
- Provide an interesting, challenging and enthusiastic program for school age children
- Help develop and implement children’s activities to facilitate the development of their gross and fine motor skills as well as language development
- Assist with all activities (play, exercise, meals, toileting, and rest periods) under the supervision of the Lead Childminder
- Help to ensure the safety of the children at all times, including on field trips
- Help develop daily activity plans and provide program support for each activity
- Provide a positive and culturally sensitive learning environment for the children
- Maintain complete files and submit accurate monthly reports
- Communicate with parents to support learning
- Post-secondary education in related field
- Enthusiastic and enjoy working with children
- Previous experience working in similar settings, e.g. schools, camps, afterschool programs etc.
- Creative and able to help plan and implement age appropriate activities
- Punctual and reliable
- Sensitive to cultural, linguistic and religious diversity
- Able to work as a team with staff, and sensitive to parents’ concerns and wishes
- TB test and up-to-date immunization records
- Criminal reference check is mandatory
- Must be able to commit to entire contract duration
This is a full-time contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Salary: $15.00 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Contract Duration: July 3 – August 31, 2012
CCS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in the position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for the job
Please submit resume with cover letter quoting File Number: T-125.
Catholic Crosscultural Services
401 – 55 Town Centre Court
Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4X4