Language Assessor, CLARS Language Assessment Centres
|Organization:||Centre for Education & Training|
|Job type:||Part-time contract|
|Location:||Peel-Halton, York-Simcoe-Durham, Greater Toronto area|
Friday, November 15, 2013
The Centre for Education & Training requires a Language Assessor, CLARS Language Assessment Centres.
The Language Assessor will assess clients’ proficiency based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and provide information on available language training options. The Language Assessor will work at various Language Assessment Centre locations as needed.
- Administer CLB language assessments to adult clients
- Complete placement/referral documentation and assist clients in identifying language training options following assessments
- Enter information into the History of Assessment & Referral Training System (HARTS) database
- Liaise with language training providers regarding general inquires and placements
- Ensure consistent, warm and welcoming approach to the reception of all clients
- Offer general information and orientation sessions to clients
- Monitor and update information on services provided by community partners
- Participate in special projects and events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- CLBA and/or CLBPT trained and certified with experience; or, conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of CLBA training (to be arranged for eligible interview candidates not yet certified)
- TESL ON certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the process of second language acquisition
- Demonstrated assessment/interviewing experience in the Adult Education field (Adult ESL, Vocational Employment, Settlement Counselling, Adult Literacy Assessment)
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs of adult learners
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Fluency in French an asset
- Knowledge of basic computer programs – Microsoft Office, Internet
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening shifts and some Saturdays
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and car; travel to various sites required
This is a part-time contract position.
To apply for the job
Please submit your covering letter and resume quoting 2013-QCIC-101 2 EXT and desired location in subject line of e-mail by Friday November 15, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Human Resource Department
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.